Warlord Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WarLord Gaming

Professional Bio

XxLegion13xX
    General
    General

Professional Bio Empty Professional Bio

Post  XxLegion13xX

Ian Secoy
    Professional Bio
    The first real hobby I had when I was a kid was playing on my Sega . That started the love of gaming that I have today. Since the release of the Sega game station, I have owned a PlayStation, PS2, and an XBOX 360. I always try to play my XBOX 360 at least once a day so I can relax. Another of my hobbies is reading, which I have not been able to do much, since coming to Neumont. This is because there is no library that is close enough to me and I do not have as much free time as I used to . I would always read fantasy books and books about Greek mythology. I like mythology because of the stories of gods and their interactions in the lives of humans and the monsters the humans fight. Also, the hobby my parents got me into was bowling. They got me started on bowling when I was about five years old. The leagues I have bowled in since have been: the Pee-Wees, Juniors, All-Stars, Super-Stars, and Majors. My best game is a two-sixty-seven and my highest series is a six-seventy-seven. My bowling team has won our alley’s championship the last three times we participated. Drew and I even joined the Bowling Club in freshman year of high school. Drew and I quit that after the end of the first tournament because the people in charge, along with the team, were jerks. That was at the beginning of high school, before I took any computer classes.
    The first computer classes I took was Word Processing 1 and 2, they were some of the easiest classes I took. The classes helped to increase my typing speed and get more familiar with Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. As part of a class project, I made a game on PowerPoint that was modeled after the Odyssey. After those classes I took Intro to the Internet. In that class I learned how to make a rough version of a website and how to properly use search engines for research. I have no idea what my strengths are since I am so new to computer science, so I will not try to guess. With my degree I hope to get a job in the gaming industry and one day create the ultimate zombie apocalypse game. This is because I am a big fan of zombie movies and games such as: Dead Rising, Left for Dead, Undead Nightmare, Resident Evil, Dead Island, and Zombie Apocalypse. The dream of the ultimate zombie game is what drives me to succeed at Neumont University.
    At Neumont, I am being taught what a game developer is. I have been shown how to playtest, critique, and present games. I had an idea of how to do some of this before I came here since I have played so many games growing up. We are being encouraged to play video games in our free time. That is awesome since I have always wanted video games to be homework. Playing the games helps us to learn about what we want to make; what should be in a game and what should be taken out. Also, some of the math that I have forgotten how to do has been taught to me once again and improved upon. Eventually, I will be taught how to code and then I will finally understand what everyone is saying. As one of my teachers put it, “You’ll code until your fingers bleed”. I want to get to that point just so I can learn how to better handle my laptop and some aspects of my games. The first classes that teach me how to better use the computer will start in my third quarter. To prepare the new students, such as myself, we have all been given foundational classes to make sure we know how to do the more basic parts involved in computer science. In math I have learned binary, octal, and hexadecimal number systems. I have also learned about sets and some of the requirements to be a leader. The hardest class is Leadership because we are not always asked for an answer. It was kind of confusing at first, but now I get it. All this, so far, has been my life at Neumont.
    [justify][center]
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:35 am