Warlord Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WarLord Gaming

Bio Statement 1

XPrideofSpartaX
    XPrideofSpartaX
    General
    General

Bio Statement 1 Empty Bio Statement 1

Post  XPrideofSpartaX

Drew Secoy
    --sentence structure
    --words
    Bio Statement
    I grew up in the town of Beloit, which is right on the southern border of Wisconsin. The earliest memory I have would beis living in amy house on Hackett Street. This was around when I was three or four. Around that time, would be the time that my parents got Ian (my twin brother) and me into bowling. My dad worked at the local bowling alley so we all got to bowl for free. We joined our first bowling league when we were five. In terms of legitimateactual skill, we were not that great. Our bowling skills at the time relied heavily on the bumpers for us to get the ball down the lane to hit the pins. This was okay; I was only in it to have fun. About a year after we started bowling we moved to Rockton, Illinois. Ian and I continued bowling and gradually got better as time went on. Trophies were won, patches awarded, and our names appeared frequently in the newspapers. Ian and I, even though he did not want to, joined the bowling team at our high school in our freshman year. I can honestly say that we were the best bowlers that participated. Due to the attitude of the team and the coach, we did not rejoin the following years because they took all the fun out of the activity. They also tried to change our bowling style, which did not go over well with our parents. Our bowling team did go on to win the bowling league at Bowl Aire Lanes three years in a row, and we even got scholarships for our accomplishments. So I can say that bowling has been a pretty big part of my life thus far.
    As a whole I do not have that much experience with CS technology as the other students at Neumont. I do have some knowledge, but it is not that expansive. I have liked computers my whole life. They were a good source to learn new things and play games. I remember that when we got our first computer, my PlayStation 2 went virtually untouched for an entire month. The computer became more appealing as the years went on when I started using it for more than just games. I needed it to write papers, create presentations, research assignments, and so on. In high school was when I actually started to effectively learn how to use a computer. I took Word Processing 1 and 2, Computer Applications, Intro to Engineering. Word Processing taught me how to type, which I was grateful for. Until that point I had no clue whatsoever on how to type. Computer Applications taught me how to use all of the office apps such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. And the most interesting class out of them all was Intro to Engineering. In that class I had to use a program called AutoCAD to design various objects. My final project for the class was to come up with a design and create it on the computer. I ended up designing a small cabinet with shelves, handles, hinges, etc. All things considered the project turned out wonderful. Unfortunately though there were no programming classes at the time since they had all been taken out the year before because no one was taking them. That is kind of a cruel. In the end, Neumont will be able to help me with the coding, which is what I am hoping for.
    I am in my first quarter here at Neumont University and so far I love it here. I am in the Game Development degree and jam here to learn how to make video games. At Neumont, in my Topics in Game Development class, we are learning the basics on how to make a game. Right now my group is focusing on making a card game; there is a group however that is actually making a video game. Basically Neumont is portrayed by the ads and even the students as a gamer heaven. The students play video games in class, in their free time, and it is even assigned as homework. We need to learn what makes a great game and try to capture that element of fun so that people will play the games we make. That is one of the crucial parts of the entire game design process that is being hammered into all of our heads.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:07 am